Thursday, November 30, 2017

IN class assessment (Pretty Deadly)

1.What was your reaction to the text you just read ?
I really appreciated the cinematic quality of the text and how it ties in visually with the characters and the setting of the story. You can tell this story was very well thought out. I think the pacing of the comic helps push the feeling of the comic really well helping to make it more alive and ferocious and action packed.  The tone of the comic utilizes the area to breath very scarcely which adds even more suspense and intrigue to the characters and their environment. 

2.What connections did you make with the story ?
I think I connected more with the story's use of animals as metaphors for skills and character, I think more and more each day I want to learn more about nature and sorta how it relates to my life and what i can contribute so any type of story this badass mixing the elements of human capabilities and natural phenomenon makes for a very compelling comic visually and contextually.
One of my friends is a huge lover of birds and nature and through her Its allowed me to be more open to the subject, as much as it is interesting in fiction it really makes me think now more than ever because of the state of the planet the mortality of all life and how we are all one in the same at the end of the day we all are on one planet and despite conflicts and misunderstanding and miscommunication we can find a way to sort of dawn the mask of nature and have a better understanding and healthier relationship with nature.

3.What changes would you make to adapt this story into another medium?
I think i would add more complimentary scenes of nature's violence, and compassion and cycles  along with some of the scenes that are portrayed in the comics.
The medium I would chose would be film mainly because their isn't a lot of sort of unique or underground comics films that I've seen that deals with  elements of nature and the personas derived form the environment and not a lot of films that have female leads, I feel like this type of adaption would be very entertaining and important.

No comments:

Post a Comment